The Alfa Laval ALDRUM G3 sets a new standard for sludge thickening. Its enhanced design improves process performance while minimizing operating costs.
Performance made simple
- Greater capacity from the same footprint
- Low polymer consumption, ensuring low operating costs
- Outdoor installation, if required
- Enclosed design for a clean, odourless working environment
- Simple maintenance with cleaning-in-place system that uses potable water, final effluent or treated filtrate
How it works
The ALDRUM thickener works on the principle of conveying polyelectrolyte-treated sludge (a.k.a. flocculated sludge) through a slowly rotating drum filter. The sludge remains in the drum while the water phase passes through the filter cloth.
You can achieve the most efficient thickening by varying feed rate, polymer type and dosage, drum speed and spraying interval. You get the most cost-effective flocculation and polymer dosage by installing a flocculation reactor and/or mixing valve upstream of the actual drum thickener. A variety of filter cloths are available for new applications.
Discover our range of auxiliary equipment
- Mixing valve: Ensures thorough mixing of polymer and sludge, which reduces polymer consumption. Can be installed directly on to the drum thickener inlet or before the flocculation reactor
- Flocculation reactor: Simple open reactor that kick-starts the creation of large and strong flocks. Can be installed directly onto the drum thickener inlet
- Sludge hopper: Leads the thickened sludge to the sludge pump in a controlled and efficient manner
- Basic control panel: For easy control of the drum thickener, including control of the level in the flocculation reactor (if fitted)
- Advanced control panel: All-in-one control solution. Control of the plant’s feed pump, sludge pump and polymer pump, as well as the drum thickener, the level in the flocculation reactor and the sludge hopper