U-Turn is a liquid separator especially designed for use with plate heat exchangers in ammonia applications. The module – including the separator and plate heat exchanger ensures minimum pressure drop losses and maximum energy efficiency.
Alfa Laval U-Turn is designed to utilize the very best from Alfa Laval’s plate heat exchanger technology. Installed above, the self-contained U-Turn can be easily mounted onto the compatible plate heat exchanger. It can cover ammonia capacities from 200 to 1400 kW at 0°C evaporation temperature and from 50 to 500 kW at -40°C evaporation temperature.
The module provides an effective and compact installation with less vertical rise and smaller overall dimensions than any other solution.
Main design features
- Compact dimensions
- Shorter height and length allowing installation onsite without dismantling
- No additional support is needed, as the U-Turn separator is supported entirely by the plate heat exchanger
- Easy maintenance, as both sides of the plate heat exchanger are fully accessible.
- All ammonia connections access the same side which makes installation easy
- Integrated oil drain
- Stainless steel ensuring corrosion resistance and no need of surface treatment
Ready to install
The U-Turn module is delivered within short time, due to standardization. It is a fully functional module from one supplier and carries the CE-stamp, as well the approval from PED (Pressure Equipment Directive).
How it works
How it works
Stay ahead of your competition
To stay ahead of your competition, it is crucial to continually find new ways of improving your operations. We make sure that your equipment performs at its best – keeping you at the forefront.